Anyone use auto lifters? Opinions

I must be getting lazy in my old age. I keep wishing someone would raise my tonearm for me. Sometimes you are just involved in something and putting it down to lift the tonearm is a pain. There are several auto lifters on the market. Does anyone have any experience with these? Do they work reliably and are they easy enough to trip that you do not have to worry about you tonearm and cartridge?
128x128mijostyn
Mijostyn I have a Technics SL-1700mk2, which doesn’t engage the arm return motor until an optical sensor triggers it. It’s like having your cake and eating it too. Because the system is not physically in contact with the arm pivot while a record is playing, it has no negative impact. And I said semi-automatic, which is only arm return and platter motor shutoff at end of play. Record  changers  like those old BSR units with crappy ceramic cartridges are taboo. 
Sleepwalker, Dual made some pretty fine automated turntables. You could put any cartridge you liked in them. The optical trip is very cool. You could imagine a lift designed around an optical sensor but it would be expensive.
Guys, thanks for joining in. I pulled the trigger and ordered an Expressimo. If the Q-up would have fit on my table I would have ordered that. I will report back on it. May be junk. I love living life dangerously.
if you've got the cash and the desire for something pretty - 

google "Tru-Lift-Tonearm-Lifter"

Tru-Lift appears to be the exact same thing as the Audio Technica AT6006R though, only at twice the price.
I did have a lift in the early 80s. It was the same type of mechanism as the Tru Lift. After several years of use the trip wire slot wore to the point that the thing would trip itself intermittently. I would suppose that problem has been designed out by now.