Looking for a good full range floor stander

Hello all.  Making a good two way system for a 20 x 40x 12 high room budget 12k to 16 k.  Powered by a bryston 14b cubed amp.  Have a surround system with Golden ear ref and surrounds powered by parasound a21 for mains  and Carver cinema grand for surrounds. Like the GEs  The speakers I'm looking for will be for music only lots of jazz (female vocalist a fav), classical, classic rock and roll (70's and up).  I have heard good things about proac k6, Joseph audio, and a few others but am not within 4 hours of audition range.  Real interested in people in the know about the proac or suggestions.  Thanks in advance.
paliden
As I noted, my space is similar to that of the OP: 45x24x16 - and it is very live with no carpets or other soft surfaces, but it does have various partitions that break up the waves - such as a free standing fireplace. If one of the OP's goals is to fill the space with music, the only option is trial and error. I auditioned several speakers that I really liked in a dealer's store or at a show, but that died in my home. It found that it easier to fill one end of the space with good sound than to fill the entire volume. I also did not want a huge monolith that would visually dominate the space. In general, I found that more sensitive speakers seemed to be a better fit. 
Thank you for your observatiions GSM, if  you note, they mirror our suggestions and observations.

We recommended a compact floor stander with prodigious bass and high efficiency and high power handling, with the opption of room correction which  was what we were recommending, not that these were the only speakers nor that these are the "best" loudspeakers in the world it was just that their designer likes to build speakers that will fill large rooms and play loud without fear of blowing up. 

It was for this very reason we brought in the iine in the first place.

We also gave examples of a few other systems that might work as well that were from other companies.

We have found even if you are somewhat close to a speaker in a large room it helps but doesnt take away the feeling that the sound is not filling the room.

We mentioned that at both the Cap and Axpona shows the huge systems by Vac and Von Schweikert were in a titantically large room probably 80 feet wide and 40 foot deep, big high ceiling and even those mammouth loudspeakrs failed to sound really big enough to sound convincing in that space, if the room was half the size, the sound would have been extraordinary. 

In a big room you have a multitude of problems, which do not occur in a much smaller room.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

" We have found even if you are somewhat close to a speaker in a large room it helps but doesnt take away the feeling that the sound is not filling the room."

Agreed. And cranking up the volume does not alleviate the issue entirely. 
Fortunately, there have been more than enough contributions to this thread for the OP to judge for himself who is trying to give disinterested suggestions and advice, and who approaches the whole thing with a bunch of biases.
Twoleftears, 

It is not a "bias" to know what works in such a space, that is called experience. 

When you build movie theaters some fo the same issues come to bear, such as filling of a room, durability of the speakers, power handling, dispersion qualities etc.

You can put a pair of Kef LS 50 in  a giant room with a compact subwoofer and it will make sound, it is not pressurizing the room and creating a sense of presence.

We have never talked to GSM before but funny how he mirrors our comments almost word for word, he has experienced first hand that what works in a store, doesn't sound the same in a very large room. 

Too many of you guys think we have an alterior motive, on some postings sure we do want to get people to check out certain products that we have found to be excellent that many people are not aware of like the Micromega M100/M150 and others. 

However, nobody has purchased a single Micromega piece from us and time to time we will post pairings that sound really excellent that we have found.

We also give advice and opinions on other threads that are instructional in nature only.

Most people here need to lighten up.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ