R.I.P: Rest In Peace Roy Johnson, Green Mountain Audio's Genius

All,

It is with heavy heart that I bring to you the heart breaking news of the passing of one of audio's true geniuses. Roy Johnson passed away this week after a long battle with cancer. He was a truly brilliant speaker designer, and true friend, and an amazing person. For those of us lucky to have known him as customers or friends we know he was infinitely committed to lending a hand, imparting his wisdom, solving problems and creating some of the most amazing loud speakers ever heard.  There were often gremlins in my system not centered around his loudspeakers and Roy would literally drop everything and help me trace down problems, while all the time educating and teaching me, not for gain, not for money, but because that's who Roy Johnson was. 

He will be greatly missed for his humor, his dedication, and his selflessness in audio and in life.

Rest in Peace Dear Friend,

You Are Loved
128x128birdfan
Oh my, so sorry to hear this.  I enjoyed conversations with him and a set of his speakers. 
Thisis sad news I had owned hisspeakrrsback in 98, then when I had aAudio store in 2004 Roy spend many hours helping me get setup and his latest the Callisto was a smash hit and very popular in the U.K.    R.I.P my friend .
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=13038.0
Sad news. I knew he had been having issues for some time. I spoke with him a month ago and he told me that his health was improving and was looking forward to finishing up new models.
 Oh, my, I am dreadfully sorry to hear this! Roy and I had any number of wonderful conversations on the phone. He was generous with his time, really fun to talk to, and totally dedicated to his vision of time-coherent speaker design. He was working on a new version of the EOS that was really exciting. He was also quite the craftsman, creating the molds for his unique, synthetic marble speaker cabinets by hand. I am awfully sorry to hear about this! 
Sorry to hear about this, Roy.  You and I had many great and long conversations over the years.  Thank you for the work you put in on my Continuum 3/HX speakers.  I'm still not sure I had them working to their best when I sold them to someone who would hopefully appreciate them more.  Roy, you had great enthusiasm for audio and your speaker designs.  I always appreciated that.  May you rest in peace.  I feel bad that we will never get to meet in person as we had planned a couple times.

Bob