Maggie Fans Chime in: Need recommendation for amp to drive Maggies (MMGs and 1.7i)

Hi All,

I blew up my work horse amp (Anthem MCA 20) and need recommendations for an amplifier which will drive my 1.7i's. I listen to a lot of Jazz, Funk, some EDM, rock, and occasionally classical. My budget is < $1000. I am happy with used gear from here or other markets. Looking for something reliable and rock solid. 

Any thoughts from Y'all Maggie fans is much appreciated. 
128x128birdfan
Brand new Odyssey Khartago for less than a $1000 also with 20 year warranty. If you find a used one the warranty is transferable one time.
4B (there is a 4BST on hifi shark for $995) is probably your best choice as it fits your description of what you like.  Parasound edges toward warmth.  A McCormack DNA 1 would also be good for your wants.  

If you look at the odyssey, you should be looking at the Stratos, but it is $1300.  The Khatago lacks sufficient power.  Larger Maggies really wake up with 300+ watts per side.  They are very innefficient, but not a hard load to drive (nearly a resistive 4 ohm load).  
I have an Odyssey Khartago and I agree it was a little underpowered and ran hot with my 1.7s.   I am looking at Class D Audio out of California. They may be what you and I are looking for.
The class d folks here seem to be quiet lately.
I had the Parasound 2.1 Halo Integrated. It gives you a very good phono mm and mc pre section as well as digital inputs and bass management for a sub. Very smooth sounding with 1.7i and plenty of power. It was the model prior to the current one which can be found at reasonable prices. Stereophile rated A product and you can hear why.
I have used an A21 Parasound for my MMGs. I used a McCormack DNA 125 and an Odyssey Stratos before that. The A21 was much better in all respects, not even close. It is a beast. My 2 cents. John Curl design with many great engineering feats behind him. The amp is quiet, with enough power and finesse to drive Magnepan speakers without strain.