Maggie Fans Chime in: Need recommendation for amp to drive Maggies (MMGs and 1.7i)

Hi All,

I blew up my work horse amp (Anthem MCA 20) and need recommendations for an amplifier which will drive my 1.7i's. I listen to a lot of Jazz, Funk, some EDM, rock, and occasionally classical. My budget is < $1000. I am happy with used gear from here or other markets. Looking for something reliable and rock solid. 

Any thoughts from Y'all Maggie fans is much appreciated. 
128x128birdfan
I have an Odyssey Khartago and I agree it was a little underpowered and ran hot with my 1.7s.   I am looking at Class D Audio out of California. They may be what you and I are looking for.
The class d folks here seem to be quiet lately.
I had the Parasound 2.1 Halo Integrated. It gives you a very good phono mm and mc pre section as well as digital inputs and bass management for a sub. Very smooth sounding with 1.7i and plenty of power. It was the model prior to the current one which can be found at reasonable prices. Stereophile rated A product and you can hear why.
I have used an A21 Parasound for my MMGs. I used a McCormack DNA 125 and an Odyssey Stratos before that. The A21 was much better in all respects, not even close. It is a beast. My 2 cents. John Curl design with many great engineering feats behind him. The amp is quiet, with enough power and finesse to drive Magnepan speakers without strain.
Flatbackground - Another site had someone who ran measurements on the CDA-250 from Class D and they were pretty ugly.   Not sure if the more expensive ones are better, but it appears to be a design issue with lack of power supply filtering.  That is why I suggested the PS Audio.  A used Wyred4sound would also be a good Class D choice.  
Thanks mcreyn
I use a Wyred4sound 1000mkii stereo for my second rig and like it.  It is my first step into class d, but is above the budget for the op and my daughter.  Class D Audio presents good numbers in their specs, but I have not received any feedback from owner/users.  Perhaps a Schmitt vidar is a better choice.