The Golden era of Japanese integrated amps, are we missing out?

Maybe it’s just me but.....
I just threw together an el cheapo system with a Sansui A-2100 integrated at its heart and diminutive Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers.

And I still cannot get over just how good and right it sounds.... All for $240 total shipped!

So this got me thinking about the golden era of Japanese equipment and while tuners , tape decks and turntables appear to have large followings and a large knowledge and fan base, I do not get the same vibe on integrated amps?

Are there devotees of these amps out there?
I very rarely hear anybody talking about them and so many can be picked up for peanuts, I mean $75 shipped in perfect working order and decent cosmetics( and built in mm phono to boot!).
Are they likely to be the next " big thing" or?

Thoughts?
128x128uberwaltz
Lots of very cool vintage integrated amps out there. One less obvious thing to watch with this stuff, besides the age and operating condition, is that many popular modern speakers tend to be smaller and less efficient compared to when these units were popular.

When I mentioned refurbishing I was referring to replacing 45 year old dried out caps with equivalent new ones, not upgrading or changing 
I don’t have the luxury of second or third system but for my main system, I own a modern classic preamp from Leben. The RS-100U is no longer available, they were originally sold new for $4500. I bought it used and it replaced a preamp costing 3x more in my system.

If someone seeking a integrated, I highly recommend a Leben CS-300 or CS-600. They are built to last. 

Back in 90’s, I have owned a Technics Tape Deck and JVC Tuner.
If you want to recap a Sansui it will punch with anything avaliable under 5k