Plinth ideas for DENON PD-80 DD turntable

While my pair of Victor TT-101 still sleeping in the storage, i decided to buy another Flying Saucer.

The DENON DP-80, vintageknob always have nice images and info about rare stuff...

On that page you see DP-80 with DA-401 tonearm for hich compliance cartridges (i have this tonesm NOS). It could be an interesting project, it was hard to resist ...

The question is the Plinth for this Denon DP-80.
The original DK-300 plinth is an option, but searching for something better i found this one.

Custom made plinth is always an option and i have superb Audio-Technica AT-616 pneumatic insulators to use under the plinth.

But what do you guys using with your Denon PD-80 ?

P.S. some companies now producing even an iron cast plinth and graphite plinth, i have no access to graphite, but iron cast here is cheap to make a custom plinth.
128x128chakster
@lohanimal  Hey, regarding my Denon DP-80 i am happy and surprised by the quality and weight of the original Denon DK-300 plinth (about 15kg) with dust cover. This design is great. I will stick to this plinth for some time for sure. 

As for the Victor TT-101 project i'm thinking about custom made solution in the future. It would be nice to read your comments after you will get you TT-101 from UK, i hope Andy at Wilkinson can train on various TT-101 

back to denon:

First picture of my Denon DP-80 system.
The drive is not screwed in DK-300 yet, the DA-401 arm is not mounted on the armboard yet, but everything looks nice together. 

The armboard on dk-300 plinth is exact same color as the plinth itself, so any other armboard (different material and different color) is probably not a good idea in terms of design. I was thinking about spare metal armboard for the future. 

While on the Plinth subject you can see in the my systems pg
a constrained layer 90lb Rosewood wrapped example
I put together for my TT-101.

Will accept all arm lengths with 3 arm boards which also 
elevate using spacers in their threaded fittings.

Peter @pbnaudio  Great meeting you Saturday for music and conversation - I will be in touch for DP-75 rebuild….

Best

Jim

Great thread guys!

@pbnaudio +1

I use Royal Purple Synthetic lubricant for lubrication of the bearings.

https://www.royalpurple.com/product/synfilm-recip-100-reciprocating-air-compressor-oil/

The industrial lubricants from RP are exceptional. They have ISO viscosities for any application and their UPG grease is a go to for inverted spindles or loose bearings.