My Triad of Integrateds

Whenever someone says they are looking for an integrated, I think they should try brands:

• Luxman
  • Pass
  • Ayre
  • Arcam (actually a lot like Ayre to my ears)

Because I hear them as quite different sounding. What about you? Is there a constellation of integrateds you think buyers should experience?
erik_squires
I bought a Ayre A7e to use with KEF LS50s in a secondary setup in which the source is Roon via a microRendu/Ayre Codex.  I've been very impressed with this little integrated bought used for about $1500.  It has the same sense of refinement I enjoy with the Ayre 5/Twenty digital hub, preamp, and amp I use with KEF Ref 1s in my primary setup.  That secondary setup is very satisfying and really all I need.

db
Totally agree on Luxman, Ayre, and Pass Labs Int line for Integrated. Not so much for Arcam.

Another brand if you can afford it to check out Integrated: Vitus
Depends on desired budget and topology (tube vs SS) and speaker choice. There are alot of great choices up and down the food chain.
I have owned a Pass Labs INT-30 and very much enjoyed it.  However in my 15’x12’ listening room with a 8’x4’ window and a sliding glass door combined with the Florida heat I sold it as it increased the room temperature by 3-5 degrees.

Having said that, I'm very pleased with the Mark Levinson 585 that replaced it.  You owe it to yourself to give a Mark Levinson integrated a listen.