anyone have experience with "replacement cost" insurance, and Allstate?

Well, thanks to a lightning strike I am without my Mark Levinson 326s. It is at the shop now getting looked at but I am not holding out a lot of hope. The 326s is not longer made, and I am worried about what Allstate will consider as a replacement.thanks for any advice you might have on this.
no_money
There are two approaches insurance companies take. One it to indemnify the owner as best they can, without giving you more than what you had.

The other is to screw you over every way they can, even when you're entitled to it.

I hope you have the former and not the latter, working on your behalf.

All the best,
Nonoise
I used to handle insurance claims. If the item is no longer made, I’d have a Levinson dealer write something on their letterhead that says what a comparable contemporary model would cost and why they are comparable. That way, you’ve done the work for the claims adjuster, who just wants to get the claim settled asap for what’s fair and show his boss you didn't receive more than you had previously.
BTW, "replacement cost" requires that you purchase the new item yourself and then provide the receipt to the insurance company. When approved, you will be reimbursed.
As a 39 year State Farm agent Tuberist is “exactly” correct. The adjuster wants his job made easier. With a third party opinion that a given model today is the equivalent of your past model the adjuster moves on. 

Let me know now if you have any issues you shouldn’t!
Dave aka “Bogey”
Hi guys, what kind of insurance I should buy? I currently have homeowners insurance only... if someone can chime in and explain a little what kind of add on or insurance is a must for people like us who spend a lot of money in a Stereo system, speakers, electronics, etc.