Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
brayeagle,
What frequency do you cross over from your Thiel 2.7s to your sub?
prof,

I'm using the Thiel PX05 passive crossover to drive the SS2.2.

As I understand it, the PX05 takes the full range signal going the 2.7s and passes the low frequency signal to the 2.2 sub.   There is no high frequency roll-off for the 2.7s. 

The PX05 was configured specifically for the 2.7s. Input to the crossover is via four interconnects  from the amplifier's output terminals..  I'd guess the low-pass point is circa  60-80 cps. The PX05 signal goes to the Sub via an XLR cable.. No LFE input from the preamp.

george
George & prof - I think the low-pass 3dB down point should be @ 45Hz, the natural 3dB down point for the 2.7. There is no high pass / low cut filter in the XO, so the sub crosses to the woofer at the natural bottom rollin of the woofer. 
tomthiel
Hope you enjoyed the holiday weekend in full. How are developments going in your Hot Rod garage?  Happy Listening!