Thoughts on extending speaker life.

For those of us who own speakers that are past a few years old, and those same speakers utilize dynamic drivers, what are your thoughts on extending the life of the rubber surround ( assuming that your driver utilizes this kind of design).
In general, as the driver ages, the likelihood of the rubber surround failing increases. Without actually replacing the driver ( not possible in some instances) what do you suggest to extend the life of the driver(s), if anything?

For those with other types of driver design, what are your concerns about the extended usage of this kind of driver as it ages?

128x128daveyf
Nothing will help foam surrounds. Keep the speakers out of direct sunlight. Meguire's #40 is a rubber treatment with a UV absorbent in it. You can treat butyl rubber surrounds once a year. 
Drivers do not need to be replaced because the surround goes.  There are places to send them for replacement if you don't want to attempt that yourself using available kits.  I had my doubts about how such repaired speaker would sound, but, I've heard a few and they sound good.  There are people that out there that can do all sorts of repairs, including re-coning, and recharging the magnets on drivers.

I am sort of luck in that the types of drivers I have are inherently long lasting (pleated fabric surrounds for woofers).  The midrange drivers are compression drivesr made in 1939 that are still going strong.  
Hi,
for rubber surround i use talc powder application every 2-3 years and so far they behave like new. Like giving spinach to popeye. Do not touch rubber surrounds with your fingers. I would avoid petroleum based products, they don’t smell nice. My Dunlavys sound and perform the same after so many years.
I would not hesitate to use armor all if i thought the surrounds needed it.  i have some original polk monitors that are over 30 years old and show no signs of deterioration- but they are rubber surrounds and the grilles have always been in place.   foam surrounds will just need to be replaced if necessary.  not that difficult.   
don't sweat it.