Tidal WiFi not as good as cd

Hi all,

Trying out tidal hifi and noticed that the same music airplayed to my dac is not as good as my CD ripped to the computer and airplayed to the same dac. Almost sounds like a lossy file. Am I doing something wrong or is this what is to be expected because of streaming. Not exactly sure what Roon is but heard it should make tidal streams better. If so, would it still be worse than ripped CDs?  

jaferd
Some cd masters I own sound better than Tidal and Tidal sounds better than some cd masters I own.

+1
Chromecast audio devices again are convenient devices to send audio to different systems throughout the house but not for serious listening IMHO.
Plus sometimes they work okay sometimes not. I guess that is part of the reason Google bailed on CCA hardware. On the flip side they are so darn cheap they can be fun to try.

You mentioned the Laptop connection is working better for you - time to explore the music available as you mentioned.

Have fun!

DS 
Airplay did a pretty good job so I'm hoping Chromecast audio will too. I'm sure I won't be getting the maximum resolution and sq with it but I'm ok with near Redbook sq. Will report back after eval. Just like the convenience of not having the pc tethered to the dac. 
Tidal+Chromecast works great in my system. Absolutely no issues streaming. Love the sound quality with the added benefit of convenience. 
I just signed up to try qobuz.  Will see if I can Chromecast at 24/96 to my dacmagic.