The best speaker for a small room...at any price point.

I am wondering which would your choice for the best sounding speaker in a small dedicated room..say 10'X11', or maybe up to 11'X13'? Assuming that budget was not a factor!
128x128daveyf
I used to have B&W 802D in 12x13 room. They sounded excellent at 7 feet from my chair with condition that most of wall space was covered with acoustic panels.
Most KEF speakers (starting with LS50) will work in small rooms too. QUAD ESL line is DESIGNED with small room in mind.

I also have KEF LS3/5, and I don't miss anything when playing acoustic music.
Kind regards.
I have a 10X10.5X8 room for my ATC SCM-19's. I listen near field, an ideal listening location for a small room with monitors. If you set your room up right and have the power the drive the ATCs you'll be very happy.

Rollin
Consider future system changes. If you limit yourself to choices of high sensitivity/efficient speakers, then, now and/or future, you will be able to use lower power amps successfully. Then your amp choices become many, opportunities for a great deal for one increases, saves money, space, .. that opens the options to tube amps. Not only are tube amps lower power, among them, the cost reduces as you reduce your power needs.

A system of monitors without too much bass, properly matched to a well controlled self powered sub woofer will make imaging easier, as the monitors will make narrower sound waves, narrower faces, improved imaging, less room interaction. 

Powered sub-woofer also helps you use a lower power amp, as most power is needed for controlled bass.

You can upgrade the monitors and/or subwoofer separately in the future.

Take your time, it is work to get a setup with sub-woofer right, but, then you get the advantages I mentioned.
A lot of recommendations for speakers that are still too large for that size of room IMO. I'd stick with speakers no larger than the size of ATC SCM11s. Their sealed box will make them placement friendly. If an in-home audition is not an option, I'd probably choose those or the new Spendor Classic 3/5s. 

Augment the low octaves with a DSP-adjustable sub.