Top Notch Desktop System

I have been spending more and more time at my desk and am consequently listening to more and more music there. So I need a desktop music system which is really fulfilling. Here are the speakers I am considering in order of cost:

Tannoy Reveal 402
Revel M16
KEF LSX
Mini Maggie
KEF LS50
Audience The One V3
Bluesound Duo
KEF LS50 Wireless

The LSX, LS50W and Bluesound have the the advantage of being more of all in one type systems.

Depending on the speakers, I may add a sub.

Has anyone heard more than one of these speakers in a near field / desktop system? Any other speakers to add to the mix?

Thanks.
americanflag
Regarding the KEF LS-50, clearly a matter of taste. It won many awards. Objectively, the Soundstage measurements show a broad rise in response in the 2kHz-7kHz range. Whether this will be pleasing or the reverse will depend on the room, sound preferences, music played, and so on.
I have tried the KEF LS50 on my large desk (see my virtual system). The sound was OK but it drove me nuts that I was wasting the speaker on the desk. Now that I have a dedicated office I have the LS50 away from my desk to the side and it is infinitely better than being on my desk.

I have had the AudioEngine A2 speakers on the desk and I liked it because I felt I was using it to the speakers best capability. It was not the greatest sound but on my desk I was not expecting the greatest sound.

I have had the Audience 1+1 V3 on my desk and it was not good because you need space behind the speaker and I did not have it. I tried the speaker in the new office on the same location as the LS50 and kept the much cheaper LS50’s and sold the Audience.

I spoke to a dealer who sold the Mini Maggie and his feedback was telling. Basically you need tons of space around your desk. Something like having your desk in the center of the room. That is how the dealer had the MiniMaggies setup for demo.

I am going to replace the LS50 (move to another room) and put in a better monitor speaker. The current top contender in my list is the TAD ME1.
Adam A7X active monitors are awesome! I've got a pair of their F7's on my desk and that X-ART tweeter is superb.
2-way system with 1 x 7" carbon/glass fiber woofer
X-ART folded tweeter
150W PWM bi-amplification
42Hz–50kHz
Maximum peak sound pressure per pair at 1m ≥ 114dB
I am planning to do Omega Super 3i (single driver) with a Decware Zen amp on my desktop.  I have the speakers and they sound amazing close up.  Really thrilled with them...They do take a bit of room on the desktop, however.

If I wasn’t going this direction, it would be Harbeth P3ESR or possibly Falcons Ls3/5a.

Also intrigued by the Audience...Among other things, great customer support from the times I have called to ask about their products.

Keep us posted!
Margot
As usual, going after max performance involves more complexity than one would expect. Here are some of the things which are becoming apparent to me from all the helpful posts.

1) desktop speakers are becoming more and more important,
2) there are numerous great options for desktop speakers,
3) good speakers meant to be listened to in the near field will likely sound better than great speakers which are not,
4) room correction might help,
5) the location of the desk is very important, and
6) the size of the desk (distance from ear to speaker) is very important.