New Von Schweikert VR 33?

Interested in buying this speaker, not sold on dealers only direct from VSA so can't audition it. Anybody own or listened to them? Please, your thought.
pinoy6
”they are just plain and unremarkable” ..... In your opinion dude.

I and MANY others disagree. The 4JRs that I still have in my secondary system are beyond reproach and I struggled long and hard to find a better speaker, including some highly regarded Proac 3.8 I did a side by side with (at that time they were 3x the price). Wasn’t even close for me, the VS were that good.

My VS 5 anniversaries.... unremarkable??? I would put those speakers up against pretty much anything out there.

VS make some kick ass speakers, and at their various price points there is little that compares (IMO)

Cheers and good listening.
Wow your a touchy one!
Ofcourse its my opinion.....thats forums 101. I auditioned the 4 Maybe 5 yrs ago and it was ok but nothing special for my tastes. If you and others like them then its all good, just dont take it personal when others dont.
"they are just plain and unremarkable". Wow. Have you heard them? I would say the Unifield 3s are pretty remarkable sounding and they look cool too.
I heard the VR 33's at RMAF last fall with fairly inexpensive Jolida gear. I thought they sounded as good or better than anything else I heard there in that price class. Made everything from contemporary jazz to rock and hard rock sound enjoyable and made me want to stay and listen more. If I were looking in this price range, they would certainly be on the short list. I don't understand why someone would post their comments on a speaker they have apparently never heard.
I never said I heard it my statement was based on the several models I have heard...I just dont happen to think that company does anything special. I hope it sounds better than it looks and would be interested to se how it stands up to the similar priced Vandersteen.