Your last concert was to see who and when?

Pretty simple, what and when was your last concert?
kiddman
Saw JD McPherson Saturday night. The Grey Eagle in Asheville, NC is a dive....which was perfect. Small concert hall. Maybe 300 people and packed pretty tight. There was a taqueria and a large outdoor patio area where you could go if you wanted to. We hung out in the patio area before the show and had a beer.

The show was great. We were about 5 rows back. Standing room only. The stage was only about 2 feet high so we were right there with the band. JD's Fender is about the coolest looking guitar I've ever seen:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f9/f0/1b/f9f01b1558ea00b77a445d8d59cdca15.jpg

JD's bass player plays both electric and standup bass. It was loads of fun watching him play the standup in those fast paced songs.

The band played well and interacted with the audience. We had a blast. Only criticism is that the show was a little short, not quite an hour and a half. There were two or three other songs that I (and the audience) kind of expected him to do but he didn't. Not a big deal but it would have made for a 'five star' show if they had.

It does not seem like this band tours a whole lot. At least not as relentlessly as some. But they are older than some young bands. JD is 42 and has a family. Anyway, I was impressed and would see them again in a heartbeat. If he comes anywhere close to you, do yourself a favor and go.
Just got back from enjoying John Legend at the Hollywood Bowl this evening. I was impressed with the way the venue was melded into the specific topography of its site. And the sound system was more than up to the task of filling the small valley with loudness.

What a consummate performer! John delivered 23 songs perfectly, many that I knew and a few that were new to me.  I particularly liked his polished delivery of Marvin Gaye’s What’s Goin’ On, followed by a deeply heartfelt Ordinary People. Later, a very sentimental version of All of Me brought back poignant memories.

The concert ended with a fabulous fireworks display that capped a delightful evening.
Johnny Winter at the Terrace Club in Stamford, CT (about a mile from my house) back in '93 (forget the month!). Not as good a performance as when I saw him at the Capitol Theater in Port Chester, NY in August '91! A true legend of a guitar slinger! Sadly missed!