Anyone hear Vivid Audio Speakers? Considering Vivid Giya G1 Series 2 from Magico S5 MKII

Have new pair of Magico S5 MK II and have had Magico for a long time. I love them but considering trying either Giya G1 Series 2 or YG Acoustics Hailey 2.2 from my Magico's. Curious to hear from anyone that has head 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
wrenth hit the nail on the head as an owner of Vivid Giyas. I spent considerable time researching and listening and I too had Vivid Giyas (G2s though) and Magico S5s at the top of my list (along with Vandersteen 7s, impossible to find used btw). I listened to both at local dealers and to my ears the Vivids are among the most effortless, musical, detailed and "of one cloth" sounding speaker I've heard (and I've heard many of the best including YG, Rockport, Wilson, Devore, Von Schweikert, etc.) There is something just right about the sound that I haven't heard with the others. I also listened to the S5s and they are excellent speakers and in the dealer's room had prodigious bass but to my ears were warmer and less of one coherent sound launch (from the speaker) compared to the Vivids. Also, I personally found the Vivids attractive and interesting to view in person and ultimately, for me it's about the sound. YMMV, enjoy!
To me a major advantage of any speaker is if the design has a sealed enclosure. People that think that ported and to a lesser degree transmission lines have better bass need to take a look at what is really going on with the speaker and then think about what they actually believe is better or lower bass. I dont believe in too many universals in audio, but the superior performance of sealed enclosures would be one. This is especially true with bookshelf speakers.
jsautter, I agree in many cases and with small to moderate sized rooms, but when you get to larger rooms ported is less of an issue IME. But, again to your point sealed is the way to go for many of us for optimum tight, accurate bass.