Platter wobble

I have a Technics SL-BD20D and the platter has a noticeable wobble while spinning. ive tried a couple mats - cork and acrylic - which made the wobble much more apparent.  The rigid acrylic platter would not lay flat on the platter. 

Anything I can do? Is there a way to test what the issue is?  Is there an quality aftermarket platter that I can use?

Thanks!
leemaze
I’ll post more often when you promise to give up on the idea of buying aftermarket platters for a $75 turntable with a plug-in cartridge. 
IMHO spending money does not equal commitment.

Thanks for your opinion and very constructive additions though!

peace and love!
So let's see it sounds like the platter when removed lays flat. The bearing when you check it turns true. So the problem is probably what teo_audio outlined, the platter got bent, probably somewhere near the center. 

What you need then is some way of bending it back straight. Easiest would be if you can lay it down upside down on something solid and flat and then tap it out flat from the underside. Hold something like a dowel or block of wood to the high spot and hit it with a hammer. Don't hammer directly, you'll make dents or maybe even crack the platter. 

Thank you @millercarbon and @teo_audio. I've done this and gotten as flat as possible I think.  I think this is the best solution.  The wobble has been minimized. Thanks all.