What a sad world we now live in.......

What a sad world.....

Had to go to our local Wal-Mart for something for the wife and thought would check out CD,s while here.

Could not find them so asked where to be told they had decided to stop selling them in-store.

In fact the whole electronics section looked bare and desolate.

Pretty sure a sign of the buy online times we now live in.
128x128uberwaltz
Don't be sad about this.  Be sad that your tax dollars pay Walmart employees' salaries since the walton kids need to keep their 140+ billion dollars and make us all pay welfare support (taxes) to their employees because the Walton's are way too poor to pay them living wages.

They might have to give up the title of "richest family in the USA" if they say, put in a billion each to provide pay equal to the work, a word they are not familiar with having popped out of the right crotch.

BUT, you can visit Bentonville, AK anytime--a real hotspot of activity, of course--to see the billions in paintings that they put in their "museum" there.  A way to have expensive stuff and not pay taxes on it?  HOW COULD YOU EVEN THINK THAT??

THAT should make you sad, but hey, the music is all that counts, said Nero.(another myth, like trickle down).

Whatever.

audioguy85,

"I like looking at my collection and reading the cd inserts and the album covers 😁. Oh well I’m old hahahaha..."
You are not that old, if you can still happily read CD inserts. Those letters are getting smaller by the year.

My CD player in my car broke down a few months back. The dealer wanted $2000 to replace it (!!). its an older Bose system that for the car sounds very good. 

It also has a Cassette player, remember those?!
So i went to my basement found a couple of boxes full of cassettes and am happily listening to those.

My point is Listening to the Music is what is important. The media is relatively unimportant.

don't get me wrong, I am audiophile and will perform any magic to make the sound of my system better but at the end of the day its the Music that matters.

I am sure there will be a lot of responses now to my words here from those who have not been sufficiently caffeinated yet......haha
A paper released last year ( https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3285436 ) determined that the average "free" time most working Americans have is around 2.5 hours per day.  Here are some of the things I like to do (in their general order of preference):
Hang out with my family.
Hang out with my friends.
Play guitar or piano.
Play with my dogs.
Go to concerts.
Read.
Go for a walk.
Ride my bike.
Listen to my stereo.
Watch TV.
If I give each activity equal time (I don't), then that only gives me 1.5 - 2 hours a week to listen to my stereo.  That sounds about right.  Sometimes, on a rainy day I will listen more, some weeks will go by and I don't listen at all.
Tidal has been a boon for me.  I can listen to new music, old music, and music that I never would think of "buying."  For the most part my CD's just sit there.  I have about about 300 records.  I average about 2-3 records a month.  I still enjoy buying them and messing with the turntable (I have a "one-in, one out" policy with new records to keep my collection manageable, but there are some in there that I haven't listened to for over 40 years).
Slowly I am winnowing down my 500 CD collection to just those that are collectible or un-available on Tidal or Idagio.  It makes no sense to keep these;  it would take me ten years to listen to them all (only if I excluded listening to everything else, which I won't do - I enjoy discovering new music too much).
So I could care less about not finding CDs in Walmart.  In fact, I could care less about going to Walmart at all.  If I feel the need, we have three independant record stores in town;  I'll get my record buying fix there.