What a sad world we now live in.......

What a sad world.....

Had to go to our local Wal-Mart for something for the wife and thought would check out CD,s while here.

Could not find them so asked where to be told they had decided to stop selling them in-store.

In fact the whole electronics section looked bare and desolate.

Pretty sure a sign of the buy online times we now live in.
128x128uberwaltz
I’ll stick with Cd’s and LP’s thanks. I like the look, feel, and sound of physical media, but that is just me. I dont like the modern way of listening. It’s just as easy for me to get off my lazy ass and put in a cd or a record....and I personally think it sounds better.....plus I like looking at my collection and reading the cd inserts and the album covers 😁. Oh well I’m old hahahaha.....I still buy pre-recorded cassettes! My Aiwa AD F770 works like brand new and I bought it new in 1983. I do own a DAC, but it's still in the box lol.
In the comedy movie Bridesmaids, the main female character keeps driving by a cop she dated trying to get his attention by doing goofy things in the car. The funniest one was when she drives by sitting low in the car with Hispanic rap music playing on the radio. That scenes has been removed from the movie.  I guess it offended some people.  What a world. 
Don't be sad about this.  Be sad that your tax dollars pay Walmart employees' salaries since the walton kids need to keep their 140+ billion dollars and make us all pay welfare support (taxes) to their employees because the Walton's are way too poor to pay them living wages.

They might have to give up the title of "richest family in the USA" if they say, put in a billion each to provide pay equal to the work, a word they are not familiar with having popped out of the right crotch.

BUT, you can visit Bentonville, AK anytime--a real hotspot of activity, of course--to see the billions in paintings that they put in their "museum" there.  A way to have expensive stuff and not pay taxes on it?  HOW COULD YOU EVEN THINK THAT??

THAT should make you sad, but hey, the music is all that counts, said Nero.(another myth, like trickle down).

Whatever.

audioguy85,

"I like looking at my collection and reading the cd inserts and the album covers 😁. Oh well I’m old hahahaha..."
You are not that old, if you can still happily read CD inserts. Those letters are getting smaller by the year.

My CD player in my car broke down a few months back. The dealer wanted $2000 to replace it (!!). its an older Bose system that for the car sounds very good. 

It also has a Cassette player, remember those?!
So i went to my basement found a couple of boxes full of cassettes and am happily listening to those.

My point is Listening to the Music is what is important. The media is relatively unimportant.

don't get me wrong, I am audiophile and will perform any magic to make the sound of my system better but at the end of the day its the Music that matters.

I am sure there will be a lot of responses now to my words here from those who have not been sufficiently caffeinated yet......haha