Calling all Vandersteen Fans

A little over a year ago I owned he 1Cis for a short time. While I enjoyed many aspects of the speaker, I found their top-end was a bit ripe and sibilant, with multiple amps. I ended up having to attenuate the treble by 1.5db in order to enjoy them at all.

Lately I've been thinking about how well those speakers produced a realistic decay of instruments, the likes of which I haven't encountered in any other speakers. I'm wanting to give Vandersteens another chance and am considering the 2CE SigIIs, however, it appears they and the 3As have the same tweeter as the 1Cis. That and the measurements in the Stereophile review give me pause. I suppose it could be that I didn't allow the 1Cis enough break-in, or that I was actually hearing upper midrange distortion from their 8" midbass driver

I'm soliciting input from those very familiar with the brand. Would you say the 2 Sig IIs produce a warmer balance than the 1Cis? Do they in-fact share the same exact tweeter? 

Is a 100 watt/ch amp enough to drive 2CEs to satisfying levels in a 26×15' room?

helomech
More break-in, definitely!  I have the 2Cs and the  2CE SigIIs.  The more break-in time, the better!  Once broken in, you will never want to part with them.
@peterclemens83

wow cool, can you post a picture in the virtual systems ? warehouse vibe w VLR-CT
how cool

and yes the carbon tweeter is a wonder
I appreciate all the input.

For some reference on the sibilance I heard with the 1Cis: Yesterday I bought a pair of near-mint Large Advents (77'), the ones with the orange "fried egg" tweeter. I kid you not, they sound better than the 1Cis ever did in the month I owned them...well, aside from the decay factor. However, I noticed the Advent tweeters exhibit a similar sibilance with some recordings. The same applies to my EPI 100s (I have 6 pairs of speakers currently). In my system, the 1Ci tweets were no more refined than those of these vintage models. 

Rest of my system is probably considered "mid-fi" around these parts. Amps are the Rogue CMII and Yamaha A-S1100. Current sources are Pro-Ject Pre BoxS2 Digital and an Acoustic Signature Wow XL turntable with Hana SL cart. Parasound JC3 Jr. for the phono stage. The most refined speakers I own at the moment are JM Reynaud Bliss Silvers - best tweeters out of speakers I've owned but not the best I've heard. 

How would you guys rate the carbon tweeter against a good beryllium unit? Since I run stereo subs crossed over at 120Hz, I'm thinking I might be better off with the VLR CTs.

(((Rest of my system is probably)))
Did you mention what interconnects and speaker wires?Did you read and understand the owners manual perform the proper tilt back protocol?How far out from the front wall were you?The decay you enjoyed is part of time correct design but sizzle you mentioned are easily revealed by Vandys and usually from modest cost multi-strand wire that’s causing interaction.Easily fixed with AQ type 4 solid core or above and a matching AQ interconnect.
Best JohnnyR
+1 to audioconnection.  My 3A sigs were glaring until the modest cost stranded speaker cable was replaced.