Anything wrong with PS Audio DirectStream DACs?

I'm counting right now 19 (nineteen) PS Audio DSD DACs for sale (new and used). Strange. Some second owners also selling... The reviews are unanimously stellar.

I wonder why.
cbozdog
Ozzy you totally miss the essence of the conversation.

Real innovation is accomplished by upgrading hardware if you have maximized your design then firmware upgrades in the case of PS is changing the flavor of the sound based on who knows what?

Changing from one firmware, to another  and having the sound change is a sad sign of an incomplete design or it is a gimmick to keep people talking about your product. 

The only reason for upgrading firmware is to fix incompatibility issues that arise from new changes in other hardware such as a new Roon upgrade that affects your product and then requires a fix. 

Did you ever notice that most companies very rarely upgrade their firmware in the case of the established market leaders DCS, EMM Lavs, Esoeteric, etc.

Even Chord who uses a FPGA rarely offers firmware upgrades.

As I final point upgradability in hardware means you will never have an obsolete product, tell that to all the previous Perfect Wave dac owners can you magically turn a Perfecwave Dac into the current Direct Stream Digital don't think you will magically be able to upgrade your firmware into an entirely different platform.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
i say olde chap
the whole point of the FPGA is not having to rely on chips and such