Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
Totally wimp out. As a married guy with 3 pairs of spks already, no matter how high the WAF the Zu is, I wouldn't be able to convince my wife that 1.8k for a 101db spk is a great investment in this short amount of time. Get it first, ask question later could work(its not like a 25k avantgarde), but there are no reviews yet, so I dunno even know if I can really live with the sound.

I have high eff. w/ 300b amp, but still based on users' comments, I feel like the Zu sound is not for everyone.
In a year you should be able to pick them up for $1300. Maybe a little more $$ for the Superfly, which I read makes them sound like they should.

Resale??? All the emails--Are these the Superfly version??? If not I'll give you $900...
I would think the resale would be no worse than other brands. It should be better because there is only one "dealer" so prices are fixed.

I judge resale on how much I lose. Look at Wilsons, they sell for as low as 53% of there retail just 4 years after they came out. Now when you are taking 27+ grand you lose a lot of cash. Now losing 47% of $1800 seems like spare change in comparison...

I would buy one of the super fly just to try out even though my gut tells me they are not for me.
Phil,

You caught my attention with your excellent description of the smallish but potentially significant differences between Druid and Essence which articulated my views on them better than I ever could. I would be happy to buy Essence but my inclination has always been toward Druid. I have always been especially taken by the presence of the Druid. The sense that a horn player is in the room and standing thus high and really moving air at you.

Bearing that in mind the Soul seems on paper to be right up my street. I need to hear a pair, likely to be mid June in the UK, but at the price I'm almost tempted to just plunge in there. My reservations are that, whilst the loss of a foot of height plays well with Mrs. H, how does the speaker perform in terms of image height especially as the frd is now below the tweeter? Does it still give that great sense of presence, which was the loss in the Essence for me? Does it still have the lovely mud band if the Druid?

Essentially I guess I'm asking if it really is Druid plus or is it just a variation on Essence or Presence?

Cheers,

Mike
Zu says the Soul surpasses the Druid in every way. Sean and Adam would not make such a bold statement if it were not true. Looks like the reviewers are already forming a line. I wish I would have been in a position to get in on the sale. Oh well. In due time, I think a pair of Superfly will be in my living room. Ferrari Red? Let us hope so! ;)