Magnepan LRS compared to the .7 or the 1.7i ?

With all the hype about magnepan’s new LRS, I am wondering if anyone has compared them to the slightly bigger and slightly more expensive .7 or even the 1.7i?  (I assume they are better than the MMGi that they are replacing, so no comments about these two are necessary.)

I suspect they are new enough that there may not have been many chances for such a comparison.  

So, lacking a side by side, I wonder if anyone who heard them at Axpona or otherwise (I was only there Friday and missed them) is familiar enough with the other Maggies to offer comments/thoughts/opinions between the LRS, .7, and 1.7i.  Comments from dealers who sell Maggies are welcome.

finally, brief conversation with one area dealer suggests they will be more of a factory direct item that he will not carry, while another area dealer hoped to get a pair but did not know the time frame. Has anyone heard a more definitive story on availability?
meiatflask

I've only read the very good reviews on all the recent new smaller Magnepan models but wanted to mention that any pair combined with a 4-sub distributed bass array system, like the Audio Kinesis Swarm or Debra dba systems for $2500, would result in hi-end performance at a bargain total price.

I believe even 1-2 good quality subs combined with a pair of these smaller Magnepans would offer very good full-range performance but I'm fairly certain a 4-sub AK or custom dba combined with a pair would provide excellent full-range performance.  
     I know 4-sub dbas combined with Magnepans work extremely well together because I use an AK Debra 4-sub dba with a pair of the older and larger 2.7QR Magnepans in my combo 2-ch music and ht system.   
    All Magnepans seem to have excellent mid-range, treble and imaging qualities but tend to lack deep bass detail, power, dynamics and impact.  The proven 4-sub dba system concept provides these missing bass qualities and does so seamlessly with virtually any pair of speakers, but especially well with fast planar-dynamic and electrostatic panel types.
     I'm seriously considering trying a pair of these smaller panels in my system since, although my larger 2.7QRs still sound great, they are now over 30 yrs old and I'm very curious if this would be an upgrade in my system performance.

Tim
I really don't seem to like the Audio Asylum format, maybe I just don't really understand it, like how to follow a thread without a million keystrokes.

Anyway, at least here on A'gon, because of how little time since their introduction, there are few, if any, user impressions.  But when you receive them please do give your impressions, I love the idea of having a pair.  Just please give them a chance to really show their true identity before giving impressions that may not be your "final answer".
jetter make sure to view Audio Asylum in classic mode (I find it easier anyway)
I own a pair of Magnepan 1.7i. I spoke to Wendell of Magnepan and demoed the LRS. My 1.7i are larger and give a larger soundstage. But the LRS are really excellent, as well, on an absolute basis and especially for the money. Personally, before I mounted my 1.7i speakers on MyeStands, I did use a subwoofer. But it was a pain. The setup of the sub to work just right with the Maggies is difficult. But then I mounted the 1.7i pair on MyeStands. The difference is not subtle. Bass is tighter and deeper. Overall definition and focus of the speakers across the range is better. I also got the Mike Powell silver jumper and cylinder (instead of fuse) upgrade. That resulted in further improvements in the highs and other aspects. Personally, I think that Magnepan should adopt the MyeStands and upgrades like Mike Powell’s or Cardas as either standard equipment or an option you can order. They make that much of a difference. Having done all of that, my subwoofers are gone. I am selling them. 
I think if you or anyone gets a pair of LRS, you should seriously consider ordering what ever stand Grant VanderMye from MyeStands constructs for them. Then get the fuse and jumper upgrade. After that determine if you need a subwoofer. I don’t think you will. But if you want one a dipole sub, sealed sub (no ports) would be best. REL or Rhythmik. But personally, I don’t need them now. YMMV.