ProAc D28 vs Usher Dancer Mini 2

I've been a fan of ProAc for many years. After selling my 2.5's and CJ amps a while back due to space constraints, I'm planning to put together a new system.

I heard the Usher Dancer Mini 2's at a local shop recently and was taken aback by the sense of space and depth of the images they produce. Tweeters had a tendency to sound steely on some recordings and mid-bass was a bit lumpy but otherwise I was impressed.

Unfortunately we don't have any ProAc dealers nearby, and I haven't heard any of the newer D lineup. I'd love to compare the D28 or D38 with the Ushers side by side.

Does anyone have any experience with these two speakers and how would you compare the two?

Thanks..
mc4b
Man, you guys don't make this decision any easier. I guess I can't go wrong with either one.
I have owned smaller (D15) and older (R3.8) ProAc, I have also owned smaller Usher (BE-718) though I have only heard Mini Dancer 1 & 2 in show room both with diamond tweeters.

If ProAc still keeps its house sound, a bit warm, a bit sweet, and a bit dynamically constraint, I think Usher will sound quite different. Usher is more dynamic, bass has much more weight and heft. I assumed you heard the BE version, that tweeter never sounds harsh unless it was not driven correctly. BE tweeter is signficantly more resolving, it rivals top tweeters out there so front end equipments are important.

One thing I will point out, I do find Mini Dancer 1 more coherent than 2 and that's usually the case for single midrange/bass driver speaker. unless you have a huge room, I will stay with Dancer 1.
Thanks for the input everyone. I think it's still a toss up until I get to hear both Ushers and D28/D38 in similar setups.

By the way, has anyone heard the new Usher diamond tweeters? More "detail" usually means "screaming highs" and listener fatigue to me.
In regards to the diamond tweeters, you want may to read through the following thread:
http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=2091.0

Here's one quote:
"The new Diamonds are better... somehow finding a way to be more resolving, while at the same time being more relaxed. The Be tweeter is very good... but the Diamond was more to everyone's liking."
I did hear Mini Dancer 1/2 with diamond tweeter.

I thought top end extended a bit higher, a bit more airy, and a bit more neutral. compared to BE tweeter, BE possess a sweeter, richer, and more romantic tone while diamond is more neutral and faster.

depending on your taste, I like both but lean toward BE since Usher BE is already very transparent, extended, and airy when compared to other top tweeters.