Harmonic Technology Interconnects

Are the new Harmonic Technology RCA terminated model interconnects as good as or better than the older models?

We recently did a cable shootout at a friends home and he had a pair of the HT Melody Link III interconnects laying around.  To our ears, and in his system, they produced the best sound of the cables we compared them to.
I would probably go up a model or two but if was an interesting comparison. I will probably try his in my system to see if I can hear the same result.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

bigkidz
The new REC-TA (rectangular conductor) models from Harmonic Tech in both silver and copper ( interconnects and speaker cables) are exceptional cables and at a very good price point.  Considering their performance, they are significantly better than most of their competition.  Regarding customer service- the Photon cables which changed analog to light and back were amazingly good.  The issue was that when the module that did the conversion failed, the cables were worthless as that could NOT be repaired.  Great idea/design, but HORRID for maintenance and customer loyalty,

Jim Wang retired and sold his company. Zen started after Jim 's partner left and started it. Jim  designs were as good anything at any price. The Magic 2 cables were just superb, the speaker cables used 2 runs per speaker, using the purity of Ohno copper and the purest of silver. Audio magic in any system used in. Same for the I.C. And his filtered power cords on ANY front end gear. Loved the company Him was one of the nicest guys in business.
@phillyb - so you are implying to look for the older cables versus what is now produced by the new company?
Actually soix, it was the other way around Robert Lee and Jim Wang were partners running harmonic tech and Robert Lee left to start acoustic Zen and his cables were no better but they were a lot more expensive and then when the second and third generations of HT came out they were much better than acoustic Zen.
Unfortunately now with neoteck buying harmonic tech there's no customer service anymore in the United States even though the office apparently still open in California so I don't know if they make stuff there or not anymore but the problem is if you have a warranty issue you have to send it back to Taiwan to get it fixed that's ridiculous. I know Jimhad a huge Network in North America and the world so I don't know if neotech just dump them or not. But it's a shame because the cables are right up there with the best for a fraction of the price. In fact a reviewer of the original pro 9 SE speaker wire put it up against his $30,000 wire that he had in his home and he threw down that wire and said the harmonic was better.