Turntable Mat question

I read a turntable Mat comparison which mentioned that although there are many different choices,
some audiophiles will use LP Records as a mat
What is your opinion about this ?
rocky1313
I moved away from a felt mat. Too much static electricity developed and questionable isolation. Now I just use a cork mat with a VPI record weight and Wayne’s outer ring. 
I am using an Oracle record mat and HRS record weight on my Technics SL1200G.  Sounds much better than the stock mat and no weight.  There is more air, an intoxicating sound that makes me want to keep listening and playing more records.  another Audiogoner deserves the credit to what I am now using as he is using it as well and advised me.
All record mats sound different from each other....you can make your own easily by cutting a disc from cardboard, linoleum, anything.  If you like the results fine, if not, keep listening.
I'm taking some heat for my 10" vinyl record mat. It sounds better on most material than many other mats I've listened to and that's all that matters.
I have a Clearaudio turntable. It has no mat when purchased. The dealer/shop/owner frowned at me when I asked about a mat, he said not nessessary. After I got it I have tried a cork and a felt and a lp record. I find it best without a mat. I do use a light weight. I supose if a mat was a needed part it would be supplied?