DYI upgrading B&W N805 to Diamond 805?

Hi,

I have an older Natilus 805 speakers which are still working great, but I am in the need of some better dynamics, top-end, and bass.  Since the cabinet of 805 hasn't changed at all (from what I gather), is it possible for myself to just change the tweeter, drivers, and cross-over to the 805 diamond series and create the same sound?

Anyone's done such a thing before?
alexb76
The Mills MRA are the best "bang for the buck" resistor for a crossover. The Claritycap MR series are also excellent and will far outperform the ICW polypros that B&W put in there. What's interesting is ICW makes the Claritycap line.
   The current 805 Diamonds have a 1st order crossover in them now and B&W uses Mundorf cap( not sure which model) on the tweeter.

Here's a link to the B&W service web site where you can download a manual for any of their speakers for a list of cap and resistor values they use:

http://bwgroupsupport.com/manuals/bw-service
Mills are just great resistors AND they are great value.

I've not found better. Just more expensive.

High precision, amazing thermal stability and small size for the wattage makes them really kind of incredible resistors. I really really don't understand anyone who uses others, but I have not heard everything.

Best,
E
Thanks guys, won't touch drivers but will look into caps, or just sell and buy something else.

Now how easy/hard it is to change the caps? Which is recommended to do the same roll-off, crossover as factory intended? Any guide, parts you recommend?
You can replace the drivers but not the crossover, because the crossover design is linked to the cabinet design, and the relative position of the woofer and tweeter voice coils. 

In the older Nautilus there's a 90 degree offset at crossover, but in the newer diamond models it's 180 degrees, so if you change everything you will not end up with correct phase alignment on axis.   
Post removed