Pre-Preamp?

I'm investigating replacing my Audio Research SP-11 preamp with a PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Preamplifier. The PrimaLuna has only 10db of gain, so a pre-preamp is required for my 0.28mV output MC cartridge. I'm looking for recommendations. Can anyone help?
daveaj255
HI Dave- the Prima Luna Dialog Pre has NO phono stage at all, so you need to get a separate phono stage, another pair of interconnects, and a power cord in order to use your turntable with that preamp.  Take a look at a Rogue RP-5 which does have a good phono stage built in that will handle your cartridge without all the extra cables and hassle.
If by preamp you mean phono stage then: Herron VTPH-2A

+1 on this, it has up to 60db of gain, a few of my customers have these with my passive preamp, say it’s the best their vinyl has sounded..

Cheers George
Thank you all for your responses. I'm looking at the specs and reviews of the Herron VTPH-2A (see: http://www.herronaudio.com/vtph2specs.html ) and am impressed. It seems that this would be great into the PrimaLuna for analog and my DAC into the PrimaLuna for digital. I'll admit this is becoming expensive for a 70 year old (me, I mean). My SP-11 is 33 years old so how much is that in pre-amp years? LOL.
Post removed 
Thanks, elizabeth. I needed that. Now and then I need to be brought back to my senses. I haven't given up the thought of seeing what's out there, but not exactly as interested in making a move. I'm the original owner of the SP-11 and bought it at the same time as the bulk of my equipment lo those many years ago. Thanks again to all who have responded. I really appreciate your assistance. That Herron VTPH-2A phono preamp sure looks nice. Plenty of gain for a low-output MC cartridge, too.