Marantz SA-10 Vs Esoteric K-05Xs

Hello,Was wondering if anyone has compared the Marantz SA-10 and Esoteric K-05Xs/K07Xs players.My current Oppo UDP-205 is a nice player, but I think upgrading to a dedicated CD/SACD player might result in a better sound.Thanks in advance!
128x128milpai
@milpai 
I don't have any experience with Esoteric players.  I started with Oppo 205 and then bought the Marantz SA-10.  The sound difference is not minor - the SA-10 is indeed very musical as mentioned by @markmendenhall .  A lot more details but never sounded digital.  I love the SA-10 decays - it sounds so natural.  In comparison, the Oppo 205 sounds dry, but still a good player at its price.  

I've heard CH Precision D1 + C1 at the shop which sold me the SA-10.  (Note: The D1+C1 combo converts DSD to PCM.)  The shop's installer and another person who came and listen SA-10 at my setup said the SA-10 sounds better.  The only reason the shop doesn't push the SA-10 is due to low profit margin, so they only sell it when customer confirmed order, no display or audition in the showroom.  I offered the shop owner to compare D1+C1 side by side with SA-10 but he was not keen.

I've also compared SA-10 to Denafrips Terminator: SA-10 wins when both use USB Audio IN.  Terminator sounds better with redbook PCM when SA-10 was used as the transport (coax digital to Terminator) compared to Terminator using USB IN.  When using coax for redbook PCM, Terminator sounds thicker (full bodied) but lacks the details and accurate imaging the SA-10 produces.

After the SA-10 was fully broken in, I've stopped listening to vinyls.  I've bought second SA-10 for my other house (which also has Oppo 205) and that's my main source of music playback right now.  In all my systems, either Torus AVR or RM are used as power conditioner.

DSD sounds really good with SA-10.  I've bought many hires albums in DSD 2x and 4x.  DSD 2x can be played back from USB external drive connection behind SA-10.  DSD 4x needs an external music renderer.  However,  SA-10 sounds the best when playing physical media (CD/SACD) or directly from USB external drive.

SA-10 deserves to get more professional reviews.  Unfortunately I hardly see any serious reviews by the major hi-fi magazines.
@anwar ,You have put me in dilemma  :-)I was getting ready to purchase a power conditioner which I have ignored since 2005. I completely trust your and markmendenhall's suggestion. If I were to make a decision today on the Marantz Vs Esoteric, I am going with the Marantz, based on the excellent and detailed feedback you have provided.
I will now have to decide between the Marantz Vs the power conditioner for my next component purchase. Again - Thank you for the details. Very helpful!
anwar 

An the other SA-10 owners here, Thank You for sharing your points of view on this spinner. I wanted to demo the SA-10 but one is not to be found here in the southeast U.S. I know these are avail for audition in WI.
The only other CD/SACD player considered is the Esoteric DV-60 which I liked a few years ago. As this model grows older I am unsure about continuance of critical parts via Esoteric/TEAC? I bought an Ayre DX-5 universal spinner as it offers superb CD and SACD playback. Very happy with performance. 
I concur that there should be more professional reviews of the Marantz SA-10.   Happy Listening!
I have no idea which player sounds better, haven't heard either.  But a month or two ago someone was mentioning that the only way to get his esoteric fixed was to send it to Japan, where a certain tool necessary for its repair was located.  If true, this would weign in on my buying 

If I don't remember this correctly feel free to correct me.
The SA-10 will sound a bit more organic bringing you closer to the vinyl-feel. Indeed, I have the same record and played in both the table and the spinner they sounded very similar.