Adcom GFP-710 to Schiit Freya - upgrade?

looking for some thoughts...

It’s been a while since I’ve done anything with my system. I’ve been running a Mac Mini streaming AIFF via Kimber USB into Bel Canto
Dac-3, running the DAC into Pass Labs X250.5 via balanced BlueJeans XLRs. Speakers are Dynaudio S5.4
I recently added a Rega P2 table and that forced me to break out the Adcom GFP-710 that I had laying around in order to be able to switch between sources. Adcom has a built in phono pre, but I bought Schiit Mani as well. I kind of like it a lot. 
I feel that the Adcom may be the weakest link in the chain, and am looking at possibly upgrading a pre. 
Seeking thoughts on Schiit Freya, or any other preamp used or new around $1k that would offer an upgrade in resolution, soundstaging, imaging, etc. 
Balanced or single ended, tubes or solid state, with or without a built in phono pre.

Has anyone compared the Freya to any of the Adcom or comparable preamps, what can you share? What other preamps should I put on a list?
128x128audphile1
Another big + for the over-achieving Freya. Definitely the best my system has ever sounded.
Thanks to all who responded. I know the GFP-710 is not a very common preamp so I didn’t even hope someone would have it and upgraded to Freya. 

The Adcom is one of those pieces that you cannot really fault for doing anything wrong. I just know I can get more out of my gear. 
I went from an Adcom GFP something or other (had balanced outputs, remote, and I can't remember the model) to a balanced Kavent (Vincent) monster that sounds FABULOUS, but tube preamp curiosity got to me to a Schiit Freya...along with Atmasphere shaming me with a comment somewhere which was something like, "A tube preamp generally supplies more detail." So it's all his fault really.
Wolf...so was Freya an improvement over adcom and vincent?

Stringreen...That’s my fear. Can you elaborate