High Efficiency Speakers Your top 3 or more

Not taking cost or musical preferences into account what are the top 3 high efficiency speakers you've ever heard, overall?
mmike84
As Tvad says no problem. Those speakers were made for 8w 300b amps. I'd have no hesitation.
Ladavid -- Are you sure that you don't mean Total Victory IV's, which are listed at the Coincident website as being 95db? The Super Victory (there is no Super Victory 4 listed) is indicated as 92.5db.

8 watts into a pair of 95db speakers will produce an spl of about 95db at a 4 meter listening distance. With most music that should be way more than enough volume. However with classical symphonic music that is well recorded and minimally compressed (typically on audiophile-oriented labels), in my experience occasional brief peaks will reach 100 to 105db at the listening position.

Regards,
-- Al
yep you are right got the models wrong. Have a medium to large living room so have been looking at Total Victory IV. Good to hear Coincident's amps are 300b's - didn't know about these amps.
Mapman, although I prefer OTLs myself :) if I had a set of field-coil powered Classic Audio Loudspeakers (which are about 99-100 db, about 3 db more than their Alnico versions), I would not hesitate to try out one of the DeHavallind SETs and treat it with lots of bass-heavy techno material.

I listen to a lot of this stuff at home- I guess you could say I demand a lot out of my system, so I know that with the right speaker you could do that with the right SETs.

We have what we call the 'Atma-Sphere Bass of the Year' award, see
http://www.atma-sphere.com/awards/bya/index.html
I've seen some of these recordings throw some well-known speakers right on their respective faces...
Thanks Ralph.

I figured if anybody could identify a SET based combo that could deliver the goods, it was you!

I may well test the waters of tube amps in my 2 channel A/V second system, where I run triangle Titus XS speakers and an old M&K sub off a vintage 20 watt Yamaha receiver that I fixed up currently. I feel pretty sure I can do better there without breaking the bank, at least out of the gate. The Triangles are about 90db efficient, I believe. I have heard some run them of SET type amps with good results.