Harry James, The King James Version

Due to someone who recently mentioned this LP, and what a great recording it is, I decided it was time to give it a listen. I hooked up my SET 300B, tube preamp and phono stage, Garrard 401, Dynavector arm, and Zu Denon 103R, and was just floored at what I heard. Since I've been terribly lazy lately, I haven't listened to vinyl much at all recently, so it came as a shock to hear again how good a great slab of vinyl can sound.

I don't recall my digital front end ever getting my attention like this did. Shame on me for being so lazy. I've learned my lesson, and I will treat myself to much more analog in the future.

Regards,
Dan
Ag insider logo xs@2xislandmandan
@rauliruegas -  I love the way they captured the auditorium's acoustic, too.   Immense, with glorious Sabine Constants(a well designed venue).   If you care for New Orleans style Jazz, at all, try the San Francisco Limited vinyl.
@marqmike - I haven’t raised the roof yet, with Thelma/Pressure Cooker, but- I did manage to crack a plaster/lath wall. It was probably a little weak, to start with, though. No lack of dynamic bottom, on that disc, either!
btw: I was just kidding about the wall, but- that album’s no joke.  Happy listening, all!
It has got some strong boogie factor going on rodman. It is a fun experience listening to that. Kind of eye(ear) opening.
While I haven't compared all Sheffield Labs D2D, When I compared the "Treasury" Lp's to the D2D's that I had, well, I found the Treasury Lp's somewhat lacking. Especially in dynamics. It is true that Sheffield used a digital tape deck to back up the recording sessions as said before, the D2D stampers had a very limited life. I have listened to some of the Sheffield Cd's, which I thought sounded quite nice, but didn't have the D2D Lp's to compare with.