Hate to do this again. Start over. Class d

Seriously stop the fighting. I tried to get thru the last discussion,  but it was over 400 replies of arguing.  So please, no arguing. I want know who is using the nord or apollon nc500 amps. Se version, and upgrades. Sparkos or SI amp.  I dont care about 50k amps, because they are over my budget. 2 to 3k fits me fine. Looking to use with my winds 4ohm, anthem mrx720 and bluesound 2.  My amp now is a bat vk200 which sounds sweet, but at times I really want more power.  I would go for a vk600se, but out of my range.  Also what speakers and pre are you using. I remember very long time ago when audiogon people helped more with less fighting.  
pcc67
bsimpson…."Class A/B: $5000 (there just isn’t that many great A/Bs out there in my experience, sorry)"

No need to be sorry, all you did was to mention there aren't that many great amps out there in what is likely the most popular classification  of amplification on planet Earth.  LOL
ARC DS-450, used right up your alley...
and you are right your BAT is a sweet amp

Tomic, it is sweet.  Just makes me scared if class d can out perform it. Also class d would keep the room cooler.  Winter time the temp raises 4 degrees in the room after an hour, but no more than 4 degrees.  Be fighting the ac in the summer.  Lol
Wow, Class D is a cheap easy way to pump out amplifiers and get a piece of the action. You dress it up in a fancy chassis spew out some marketing and you are in for some bucks. You want a fabulous amp for the money? Get a Benchmark AHB2. I have absolutely no affiliation with Benchmark other than I own their ADC. I have heard the amp and there is absolutely no amp that I have heard for that kind of money have that kind of authority. If eventually you want even more power get another and strap them. I have not heard that but I can extrapolate. 
pcc67
Here's the link to the Digital Amp Co's " base" Cherry amp in 2 versions , more in line with the price point you are interested in. The $6K is a more higher end version'
https://www.cherryamp.com/5-channel-amp