Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Wow, what an impressive thread....
I just stopped in because I will always be a huge Thiel fan.  Here's my story.

My first pair were 1.2's.  I loved them for a couple years and couldn't wait for my income to improve until I could upgrade.  Then I bought 2 2's.  Likewise, I loved them and looked forward to being able to climb the Thiel ladder.  Finally, I was able to afford a pair of 3.6's.
Audio Nirvana!  Unquestionably, the best speakers I ever owned.  I paired them with a Krell KSA 200 and Audio Research LS26.  I used to go to RMAF and listen to the uber-priced goods on display.  Then, I'd go home and power up and realize that my system gave no ground to anything I had heard for under $50k.
But I sold my 3.6's, for a couple reasons:  Jim Thiel died, and I began to have concerns about the company's future and availability of parts/service.  Also, as good as the Krell was, it was an enormously inefficient amp....it wasn't noisy, but there were times I thought I could hear the whir of my electric meter when it was running.  So, I jumped and sold the 3.6's.
Next, I bought Revel Studio 2's.  A darn good speaker, but too big and imposing for my room, and they really needed the Krell as much as the Thiels to sound their best.
Meanwhile, I craved simplicity and moved to an integrated amp, an
Ayre AX 5 Twenty.  A great integrated and I don't see myself going back to separates in the future.
The Revels always seemed to need more breathing room than my listening room allowed and I finally decided to let them go.
After a lot of auditioning, I landed on Vandersteen Treo CT's, my present speakers.  It's a really good system and the Vandy's remind me so much of my Thiels....amazing musical and open sound and ability to listen deep into an ensemble.

As happy as I am with my present system, there are plenty of nights when I close my eyes and recall that Thiel/Krell/AR rig.  Taut, fast, deep, transparent, unbelievable sound stage, wide and tall.  Like my present system with an extra gear.
I don't want to disparage either the Revels or the Vandys...wonderful speaks.  But the 3.6's were the BEST speakers I ever owned and among the very best I've ever heard.

@77jovian Thanks for posting. I, too, have an AX-5. I’m quite certain it’s my last amp. Treo CT was the top of my short list for speaker upgrade (I’ve only heard the standard Treo) but the AX-5 pretty well crushed my budget! I ended up with used CS2.4SE. I was quite happy with those. Now, with Tom Thiel’s XO upgrade, I’m quite certain these are my last speakers. 
Prof - Let's not call it disdain; more like chagrin. Their proposition was not his idea and he didn't expect folks to notice their relative gentleness. He liked what he heard and the 02 opened a door toward where the designs went.
77jovian
Welcome! Thank You for sharing your Thiel Audio journey and systems history.  I can 3rd an  Ayre AX-5 Twenty as being an incredibly musical Reference integrated amp. I may be an owner a well  to mate with my CS 2.4SE by year's end.  Feel free to talk more about your progression from 1.2 to 2.2 then 3.6 models. I look forward in reading more about your musical tastes.
Happy Listening!