Bricasti M1 vs DCS Debussy

Greetings!
I am in the market for a new DAC. Could anyone offer up their experiences with these models? I am a fan of DCS but question the Debussy because of its vintage. What I am really asking, is the Debussy outdated for the price?

Also, please feel free to recommend similar competitors. I have also been looking at the Aqua products and am intrigued by their upgradability.

Thanks!!
128x128jeffreyw
The dates below are the dates over which the product was actively being supported (i.e. via new software releases, in most cases it remained a sold product for a couple of years after that)

Elgar/Delius 1996 - 2007
Scarlatti 2007-2013 (still sold through 2015)
Puccini 2007-2013 (still sold through 2015)
Paganini 2007 - 2014 (still sold through 2015)
Debussy 2010 - 2018
Vivaldi 2012 - present
Rossini 2015 - present

Source: dCS website, software history

So seems that their life cycle is 8-10 years
Okay Folkfreak that still proves there products are still obsoleted.

Even so how can you compare a still obsoleted DCS product to one that is not, you are still tallking a company that is still not actively creating a true path to keeping the same product current as technology advances.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

Thanks all thus far! I take no offense to a dealer's opinion. I am just trying to get the best unit possible within that $10k price range and not having to worry about upgrading a whole unit in 3 years. The inclusion of streaming capability within the units is also a plus and an area I would like to head towards. It is nice to see that companies are embracing upgradability. 
Please keep the advice coming,

Thanks!
i personally would be pretty happy to have a dcs dac. i would think that the new bartok dac would be awesome but of course still expensive. generally in audio as in cars etc the top tier products/companies attract hyper criticism. the guys that don’t/can’t carry it really slam. 
4425 yes the Bartok does look awesome, in that same price range we have the Lumin X1 which also sounds awesome and the Lumin is one terrific sounding piece with a great feature set and series of strengths.

Had  a ton of experience with DCS in the past, and allways felt their products were on the more analytical side rather then musicality, if you want to hear every last bit of detail a DCS product is one of the best top notch build quality we hardly slam DCS but facts about platform to platform obsolesence is a good point if that matters to a potential buyer of one of these items.

The issues we raised before is platform evoluation, which Aqua is great a doing, vs DCS and a few others mentioned that did not offer real platform to plaform upgrades some of our products like the Lumin have a similar philosophy to DCS with an six to eight year life cycle. 

We have yet to do a shoot out between the DCS and the Lumin titans

We are going to be evaluating Rokna next it seems that they too make a very highly thought of dac for a somewhat sane price point for a reference grade dac.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Aqua Hif, Lumin dealers