Klipsch!. The worst speaker company, EVER?

His passionate hatred for Heresy's and other Klipsch speakers made me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BELSPBZyoCI
128x128gawdbless
Porcine metaphors aside, I don’t buy speakers as a platform to build on as it’s more that I simply add things that fit my existing "platform" and enjoy them or toss ’em out as needed. Also, please add the term "red herring" to "white elephant" in your list of terms you might not actually understand, as knowledge can often have a calming effect. Note also that Heresy IIIs with a Swarm (an actual AudioKinesis product) would likely sound astonishingly more coherent than any Cornwall could hope for, but my RELs (with phase adjustment for days) sound pretty great so I don’t care...and I do manage to get by with 99db efficiency somehow, especially if I sit REAL CLOSE. I’ve owned this pair of RELs for years and they’re unobtrusive in my listening room to the point of being nearly invisible, so although I appreciate your concern about space, it’s a non issue in my place. The Cornwalls price, large size, and design simply don’t cut it for me in my current situation where the Heresy IIIs have worked out perfectly...right from the same factory! I’m a professional sound engineer and musician and when phase issues raise their ugly heads in my listening room I address it...Out of Here Damn Phase Issues! Like that...now I’m hungry for some herring...I prefer kippered.
@wolf, I hope you aren't still angry with me. @thehorn, I think you are pretty ignorant, and no question opinionated. Every speaker ever made, whether Klipsch or otherwise, shows a compromise in some way. Every speaker is made to a price point, and can be improved upon further. Can you name a speaker that does not have at least 1 or 2 compromises. At every price level of the 5 original Heritage models, from the beginning to the present, they are, and have been, as good as anything out there. Keep in mind, that we all are different listeners, and each of us are as individualistic as the next. I have owned more speakers than I would like to admit, and I have heard many more in my lifetime. What " perfect " speaker do you own, or are you aware of ? I will await your response. Enjoy ! MrD.
@florida71, you too are showing your ignorance, and individuality. Enjoy ! MrD.

Florida71 wrote: "To each his/her own, but a pair of 12” drivers shouldn’t need a subwoofer."

There is a tradeoff relationship between low-end extension, box size, and efficiency. A high efficiency woofer, regardless of its diameter, has to trade off low-end extension in order to get that high efficiency. Along the way, the lighter cone and powerful magnet make the high efficiency woofer pretty articulate higher up the spectrum. I don’t know the particulars of the woofer in the Heresy, but it probably has a motor-strength-to-moving-mass ratio that compares favorably with cute little audiophile midwoofers.

And here’s how box size fits in: In order to have another octave of low-end extension and maintain the same efficiency, the Heresy would need a box EIGHT TIMES the size. This is assuming a such a woofer exists, and to the best of my knowledge it doesn’t. Much cheaper and more practical to add subs.

One may or may not agree with the tradeoffs Klipsh chose for the Heresy, but imo they did a competent juggling of those tradeoffs.

Duke