from w/w CARPET to WOOD floors

I am thinking about pulling up the wool berber and thick pad underneath. My thought is the carpet/pad can suck the life from the music in much the same way too much absorption can. Then I would use an area rug, and take absorption baby steps if needed. Please share any thoughts!
fjn04
Couple things you could try. How anal are you about turntable setup, when is the last time you adjusted your arm height or checked your VTF. Have you tried any tube rolling?
Best of Luck
I found that covering the front speaker baffles with live sea sponges is a winner, and wall mold, if you're patient and let it grow nice and thick (it can also grow on the pasta), can provide some excellent extra dampening texture along with nice colors.
It's all about the room, and then the equipment. Music comes last!
Seriously though, I want to gradually eliminate absorption. I already have a couple of oriental type area rugs. So if i pull the wall to wall, I can replenish absorption if necessary.
before you do that.......just take all your wires and cables off the floor/rug, separate them as much as you can. try not to run them all in the same socket. use an extension cord to put some of the non essentials in another outlet. make sure you run the power amp and pre amp directly into the wall. don't use a strip for those.... and let me know what happens........