Meridian 861 v4 or classe 800 for movies??

I am looking for a new processor to use wth my oppo 83- will be used for a 7.1 system for only movies- need only audio as my PJ does video- any sug. between the Meridian 861 with the 621 or the new Classe 800- someone also mentioned the ADA brand-
any sug. would be aprreciated-
fluffers
Get an Anthem...........much better than Classe. I won a couple Classe amps and I am a fan but Processors aint their strength.
Don't agree my nephew had an Anthem processor and then got a Classe. No contest the Classe was better the Anthem was thinner in midrange and more aggressive.
Chadnliz,

"Processor sucks"? What does that tell us overall? What other preamps or processors did you compare it to? Was it in your system or at a store demo? Have you heard the SSP-800 or are you referencing your opinion on the SSP-600? I have to disagree totally with your opinion but that's why this site is fun. I've used three different processors before buying the SSP-800. I owned B&K REF 20 then switched to a Denon 3808 and finally the SSP-800. I even sold my Audio Research LS25 MKII because the SSP-800 sounds that good in 2 channel especially using the balanced inputs.I know of another SSP-800 owner who also sold his 2 channel only preamp. If you come to slam at least slam the processor with a detailed explanation?
Statman,

A regular reading of Chadnliz posts, presumably written by Chad rather than Liz, suggest hyperbole is his stock and trade, so when he says a processor sucks it should be taken in that vein. Many more posters praise the sound of the Classe SSP-800.

db