Meridian 861 v4 or classe 800 for movies??

I am looking for a new processor to use wth my oppo 83- will be used for a 7.1 system for only movies- need only audio as my PJ does video- any sug. between the Meridian 861 with the 621 or the new Classe 800- someone also mentioned the ADA brand-
any sug. would be aprreciated-
fluffers

Showing 5 responses by chadnliz

Get an Anthem...........much better than Classe. I won a couple Classe amps and I am a fan but Processors aint their strength.
I compare it to a Lexicon MC8 and a Anthem D2V, both I own, I also have 3 Classe amps so I am not bashing Classe IMO the Processoe isnt worth the money. Whoever Db is please save your attacks for somebody in person rather than hiding behind your computer.
I dont care if you like it and you shouldnt care if I dont so do what makes you happy.
Classe doesnt offer 1080p full upsampling scalers it also doesnt offer room correction and on top of that it doesn not even decode the new audio codecs so if you think spending $8000 for something that has the same technology of many 5 year old units be my guest................enjoy!
I think everyone knows everything is opinion and doesnt mean much, maybe sucks was too strong but I think for the Classe to not employ advanced state of the art codecs, correction and video scaling is enough to pass on it. Like I said buy what you want, if somebody owns it thats great but time after time people who like something are going to subjected to those who dont agree.
I think most here are adults and not here for a simple pat on the back so for those who own gear some see issues with I doubt they will be affected by negative opinions.
I also think an extreme statement would require something more brutal than a guy saying he likes the company, owns several of their products but thinks the Processor is a bad deal or "sucks".
I know it has 5 band parametric EQ but IMO and based on experience a detailed measurement of the room with both a quality mic and correction software (both incuded with Anthem) is critical to hearing all a system is capable of.
If it had room correction, upsampled to full 1080p with any source and had multiple HDMI outputs (it has 4 in) then it would be worthy of its $8000 price tag.