What class of amplifier has the most high definition sound ?

For those experienced audiophiles, wich know all kinds of amps, may say what class of amp is better defined in therms of PURE SOUND?
Of course the sistems are compatibles for comparisons.

Thanks,
sacresta
sacresta
Generally speaking, class A will have the lowest distortion and thus the 'PUREST SOUND'.

Generally speaking, because execution can play a pretty big role in the results.

BTW, the **kinds** of distortion can be more important than the amount; 0.005% THD won't do you much good if its all higher ordered harmonics (which is often the case with THD figures this low) since the ear uses higher ordered harmonics to sense sound pressure. For this reason the ear has to be extremely sensitive to higher ordered harmonics and so is more sensitive then the best test equipment!

Recently, class D has begun to show promise as an amplifier technology that can lack the higher ordered harmonics. When amps don't make higher ordered harmonics, they can sound very relaxed with great detail, such that you can listen to them all day. This BTW is the foundation of the tubes/transistor debate...

So if one is being pragmatic, there really isn't a one-word answer to your question.

I would say OTL class A
 I have a pair of atmosphere M60s and they impress me greatly. I have a owned class a, regular tube with transformer, class AB. 

You can't really say amp without including the speakers in the loop. And you can't really say speakers without saying room. For me, only using one cap in my crossover, my answer is going to be different than the person using complicated drivers and crossovers.

Recently I'm a class D guy.

Michael Green