My sacrilegeous question to audiophiles out there regarding parametric equalizer.

I recently upgraded my stylus to a 2m bronze and am enjoying it thoroughly. My question to the community is how many audiophiles use equalizers or tone controls to enhance the bass and detail? Thinking about getting a parametric equalizer. Any thoughts?
tubelvr1
equalizers are basically just segmented volume controls; very effective for burning out tweeters.
Its a bit disingenuous to state that because you don’t own an eq you are not using tone controls. Every part of a system is exactly that including vintage Dutch and British tubes. 

it will only stray away from good sound....additional interconnects and distortion.
Its a bit disingenuous to state that because you don’t own an eq you are not using tone controls. Every part of a system is exactly that including vintage Dutch and British tubes.

It's a bit disingenuous to assert that all components involved in reproducing a signal are, in effect, an equalizer. The amplifier, tubes, etc are just reproducing the sound that has already been "equalized" so I actually don't even know what you're talking about. An equalizer alters the tone of a signal AFTER it has gone through the reproduction process. Let me see if I can make it simpler for you......having an equalizer is like cooking your food some more after its already done. 
Nothing wrong with it at all. Only the purists here think of it as sacrilegious.