My sacrilegeous question to audiophiles out there regarding parametric equalizer.

I recently upgraded my stylus to a 2m bronze and am enjoying it thoroughly. My question to the community is how many audiophiles use equalizers or tone controls to enhance the bass and detail? Thinking about getting a parametric equalizer. Any thoughts?
tubelvr1
I have several line stages and a few preamps. The ones that sound the best in my system have no tone controls. I am not against EQ's I just think a lot of the ones made were just not that well implemented. I think one of these would work well.http://www.celloseattle.com/ctdocs/prodserve/peripherals/audiopalette.html
equalizers are basically just segmented volume controls; very effective for burning out tweeters.
Its a bit disingenuous to state that because you don’t own an eq you are not using tone controls. Every part of a system is exactly that including vintage Dutch and British tubes. 

it will only stray away from good sound....additional interconnects and distortion.
Its a bit disingenuous to state that because you don’t own an eq you are not using tone controls. Every part of a system is exactly that including vintage Dutch and British tubes.

It's a bit disingenuous to assert that all components involved in reproducing a signal are, in effect, an equalizer. The amplifier, tubes, etc are just reproducing the sound that has already been "equalized" so I actually don't even know what you're talking about. An equalizer alters the tone of a signal AFTER it has gone through the reproduction process. Let me see if I can make it simpler for you......having an equalizer is like cooking your food some more after its already done.