Anyone use a cartridge demagnetizer?

Years ago these devices seemed to be popular with owners of MC cartridges. I owned one when I bought my first MC cartridge (an Adcom cross-coil), and I eventually sold it when I moved back to MM's for a number of years. I eventually returned to MC cartridges, but never bothered with a new demagnetizer. Any MC cartridge users use a demagnetizer these days? Have any MC cartridge manufacturers ever actually recommended a demagnetizer? 
128x128zavato
Post removed 
Post removed 
Demagnetize your cartridge? Why? There’s no reason how it could ever become altered by playing records. What pray tell do you want to happen to the permanent magnets in the cartridge? Yup, I thought so. Just another fool’s errand. 
NO!!!!  Perhaps the gentleman should look at a general review of how MC cartridges work and what they are made of.  If you were to somehow degauss the rare earth permanent magnets inside each of the coils you’d permanently destroy the ability of the cartridge to reproduce electrical signal output. It is the motion of the coils inside the magnetic field of the two permanent magnets that creates signal voltage. That’s electromagnetism physics 101. Luckily the coercivity of those rare earth permanent magnets is so high that you’d have to stick it inside the magnetic field of something like a nuclear particle accelerator to degauss them. 
what would cause a cartridge to require demagnitizing?  As far as I figure, nothing.  Any voltage going through it are AC voltages.  And the levels are so low, they probably couldn’t in any way affect magnets, or ferrous materials, and if they were strong enough, they would be demagnitizing, not magnitizing, as AC is what is used it demagnitizing devices.