CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65
The main problem with CD playback is that scattered laser light inside the transport makes its way to the photodetector where it’s detected as noise. The photodetector isn’t too swift. The Green Pen partially corrected this problem by absorbing the RED portion of the scattered light. But the RED portion is only a fraction of the total scattered light since, you know, the laser nominal wavelength is infrared - invisible, 780 nm. The good news is now you hear what CDs were always *supposed* to sound like. More to follow....
My $1,200 turntable sounds better than my $1,400 CD player. The CD player has tubes in it but the turntable don't. I wonder what it all means. Fact: a vinyl record is a reproduction of a real time musical performance.
Fact: a compact disc is not a real time reproduction no matter how you slice it.
to each his own....  I grew up with vinyl, because that's all that was available and I was glad to see the development of compact disc.  The notion that CD is "cold and gritty" does have some merit because early CD's were poorly mastered in the rush by record companies to build out their CD catalogs.  However the recent re-mastered versions done in the last 25 years, mostly by careful re-equalization, has been most excellent.  I still listen to my vinyl collection from time-to-time but I don't enjoy all the distracting pops and clicks and constant incessant background rumble.  I do enjoy the smooth clean sound of the same music on my CD...and without having to get up and flip the record over half way through the audition.  Don't forget that many albums even from the early 80s were digitally recorded and mixed to begin with.  If you really gotta have your pops and clicks and extreme high frequency roll off there's software that can add the aforesaid noise and rumble to a CD rip....
Always? My David Manley VTL CD's sound very good to my ears. Very well recorded. No fatigue. Not one-dimensional. I use "Toolbox" as one of my reference music sources. 
Not true at all , if you have a good recording and a Good quality
digital playeror dac, with good cables , digital can better a record in several ways that are excellent. Vacuum tube dacs sound rich
and detailed ,as well as top solidstste units..
A record is only capable of12 bits,digital more then double that.  SN ratio not even close, dynamic range is at least 30 dB betterthen any record, as well
as well as low Bass response. Any record player that is decent will cost over $5k with cables, with  a good quality cartridge. Digital in a similarpriced comparison is every bit as good or better, please 
remember the new records are are well mastered.
buy a mobile fidelity digital master , or MQA master digital recordings  you have excellent quality music, and digital keeps getting better and better.