Luxman Integrated - What do they sound like

Hi Everyone,

I'm considering getting myself a late 2018 Christma present or early 2019 birthday present.

Modern Luxman reviews are really hard to come by, and are generally just superlative without being very qualitative. I mean, it's all "rah rah rah!! " and no actual details.
For anyone who has listened to them lately, can you tell me what they actually sound like in comparison to other nice amps I might have heard?

Thank you,
Erik

erik_squires
Comparing it with anything else may not be easy on the Internet. Auditioning would go much further.

I think I'm pretty much going to have to. :)

Best,
E

Erik I have a brand new Luxman 507UXII, purchased to power my new Magico A3's. The Magico's have been on back order since October 12 and are due for delivery sometime in February. I'll report my findings to you soon as they arrive and things are hooked up.

The only thing I can tell you now is that  the Luxman 507UXII Integrated is very heavy and looks like it's built solid as a rock. I like that. At the time of purchase I incidentally discovered Magico was using the Luxman 509AXII, one step up from the 507UXII, to demo their A3 speakers at shows. For now that's all I have.  February cannot get here fast enough. 

Mike
Surely you’re not going to make a $6-10k purchase based on what others on the internet "hear" out of their Luxmans compared to other amps...

Barring the positive reviews and other feedback here on AG and other forums from Luxman owners, only YOU will be able to make a comparison between what you’ve heard in the past and what your listening impressions of the Luxman integrated will be.

You need to get out to a dealer and hear them for yourself and see what your ears tell you.

Personally I moved from some very decent AVRs (Denon, Anthem) to vintage Luxman separates (tube and solid state) finally to the 509X integrated.

I have the feeling that Luxman is very much an "enthusiast" brand, where people like myself fall in love as much with the history, aesthetic, and build quality of the brand and are very happy with the sound the brand produces. So to some extent, you’re going to have that baked into the feedback you get from Luxman owners & enthusiasts.

They obviously are doing something right, so get out there and listen to what your ears tell you.

I owned a 505ux and it matched beautifully with my Harbeth SHL5s. I would describe the combination as warm and organic. I tried other amps with the Harbeths including Bryston (very good), Ayre (not a good match) and demoed a Prima Luna integrated (good but not better). The 505ux drives medium to high efficiency speakers very well and has a great esthetic and, wait for it, a loudness button. I like that. 
The only things that 505UX does not have are a mono button and a coffee-maker. Everything else is there. 507UX adds a mono button, I think.