Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
@nycjlee

I too have been looking forward to the release of Qobuz in the US but was told recently that the full release (including 24/192 resolution) would be delayed another month or two.  Are you in the US, and are you using the trial version?  
Invest in a good streaming device / DAC, subscribe to Tidal and ensure following steps,

1. Never use WIFI for streaming music content to your network player,
  2. Limit network traffic when playing an online stream,
  3. Use software optimized for sound quality,
  4. Use high-end network adapter & switch,
  5. Upgrade your router,
  6. Replace generic ethernet patch cords with audio grade LAN cables.

I agree with all, except for the WIFI.  My WIFI adapter sounds identical to wired.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

@ron17, I’m based in the US. My subscription is showing as Qobuz Studio in the Aurender. I’m on the 30 free trial, but it did say that if I don’t cancel, the subscription will continue after 30 days. I’m currently listening to John Coltrane’s Blue Train in it’s full 24/192 glory. I double checked the DAC to make sure :). Beautiful sounding. I’m sure as Qobuz gets closer and closer to the full launch, features will be released in advance. I'm a happy camper!  One thing to note is that since I'm using an Aurender to stream, the streaming options maybe different from the desktop beta released Qobuz app for windows/mac.  In my Aurender, I see an option choice for HiRes - 24bits / up to 192kHz and that's what I have selected.   
@nycjlee

Thanks for the info. I went to their website to see if I could get more info and see a sign up tap stating

"Join the waitlist to become a US Beta tester" .....  Is that what you did?

I also have a friend (that uses an Aurender) in the US that ended up with a Qobuz account coded to the United Kingdom who can receive 24/96 but not full 24/192 resolution.