VPI Scout 2 vs. Classic 1 vs MOFI ultradeck

Hi,
I am looking to upgrade my old Luxman PD 284 with Grado red turntable.  I have always desired a VPI table, in part as I grew up nearby their factory.  My spouse does not like the new sculpted plinths so I have been scouring the web for new old stock Classics.  I have found a few as well as a couple of Scout 2's which got some great reviews in the past. The rest of my system is a Leben 600 tube amp, LFD LE phone stage and vintage Spendor SP1 speakers.
Any opinions on the Classic  and the Scout 2 ( which won the all important wife's look test)?  Or should I bag the NJ connection and but a MOFI ultra deck, or the Funk Firm LSD?
mpomerantz
Make sure you are going to be happy with a unipivot tonearm. They take some getting used to and are more difficult to set up that a standard tonearm
Yes I have heard the same. I’m just not sure the mofi is as sonically pleasing 
thanks!
But since you brought it up ; what exactly do you mean regarding unipivot arms?
thankd
IMO, there isn’t a big deal handling a unipivot arm.
You simply adopt a careful routine, and never RUSH things. It may appear to be strange, since the arm can flop around, but the cue is what keeps things in check.

Cue lever ALWAYS up, position arm over record,lower cue.

End of record, raise arm with cue, return to base. No issues.

Never understood users complaints?

Setup is straightforward, if you take your time,since  you have to repeat steps to get specs close.
Right, not a big deal just kind of a big deal. 

I have owned plenty of tonearms including three different unipivots.
You should handle one before you buy one. 

As the above poster pointed out they are more difficult to handle and require additional care