Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
For a very honest product, within the UK, try Temple Audio from around Manchester. 
I did a similar research one year ago and considering my limited budget I ordered a pair of their monoblocks. I'm very satisfied and don't feel the hitch to change. Just took me a while finding a nice matching preamp...
And they make everything in house, from the amplification modules (proprietary, not ICE or Ncore or whatever) to the casing. They even let you personalise the cases - choosing the metal finishing and engravings. 
And one more thing, a very important one: the customer care is outstanding! Talk to John and he will answer all your questions. 
http://www.templeaudio.net/index.html
 I have heard the ML NO.53 a couple of times,
So have I, and the problems in the upper mids and tops while a bit different are there, they are also in similar way in all other class-D's I've heard.

I have not heard the Technics SE-R1 nor the Merrill Element 118, but the mids/highs areas of concern with Class-D that many hear, seem to be the areas they say they have addressed, which makes me very hopeful they are leading the way, to make Class-D hiend.  
noble/Tim

FYI: I had 2 EP 100.2SEs (with upgraded fuses) for well over a year. I got the bug and bought a Audio Alchemy DPA-1 stereo amp. It is much richer in the midrange and bass, deeper and more holographic sound stage= much closer to real music
sixsigma

PS makes 2 amp versions 300 & 700.

The 300 likely uses a different module than the 700, which I am told sounds MUCH better

chances are you have the 300s