Verity Audio midrange drivers?

In my search for new speakers, I auditioned the Verity Audio Finn at a local dealer. They were very musically absorbing, and may have nudged ahead of the B&W 803d on my short-list.

Going up the Verity Audio food chain are the Rienzi and then the Leonore, which I cannot audition locally.

My question is how do the quality of the midrange drivers compare between the Finn, Rienzi, and Leonore? Which of these speakers use the best midrange driver(s)?

Or put another way, if the midrange is important to you, which of these speakers stand out?

Regards,

Mark
toronto416
I would agree with Mtdking, let Verity do the job of integrating units, and pick your type speaker which will fit your budget and room size.
btw I read about superb match with the new ARC integrated at recent show.
Verity equals long term satisfaction, I suggest put your efforts in a great matching amplifier and do some room acoustics and enlist the Verity club.
keep em spinning.
Thanks for your advice.

Though I have been able to audition the Finn, it is not possible to audition either the Rienzi or the Leonore in my city.

The Rienzi best fits my budget, but I will have to buy them sight unseen...

Given that I would like to support Canadian audio manufacturers, I am considering Simaudio Moon Evolution Series electronics (i-7 or 700i integrated, or P-7 + W-7, SuperNova or 750D CD players). They should work well with Verity Audio speakers.

It is possible to assemble The Great Canadian Audio System!

Regards,

Mark
Why not buy a used Fidelio Encore instead of the Rienzi? I've been listening to Verity for years and find them to be one of the best speakers made. I owned the Tamino and found much joy in it, however I always took the pilgrimage to listen to the rest of the line at a local shop.

I've never heard the Rienzi, but I have heard the Finn, Fidelio Encore, Parisfal Oviation, Sarastro, and Lohengrin II. The consensus at this shop that I visit is that Verity begins at the Fidelio Encore, and I agree. You get some signature sound at the entry level but Verity does what it does best at the mid to higher end of the spectrum.

I've moved away from Verity with my speaker change to the JMR Emeraude but will continue to enjoy all that the Verity line has to offer.

Congratulations on finding a great speaker!
The Leonore looks like a great speaker, but should I not be a little concerened about the Scandinavian designed tweeter made in Indonesia?

No. Tweeters are not that important in the scheme of things. Midrange and Bass drivers are much more important.

Have you considered Active PMC's - they come with Bryston amps - so a good portion is Canadian and they are world class.
"No. Tweeters are not that important in the scheme of things. Midrange and bass drivers are much more important".
I won't be as bold as to disagree. IMO, at the 16K price point, there should be excellent drivers throughout. I have no doubt that Verity has done that w/ the Leonore. If it is in the league of the Parsifal, + the fact that it is 4db more efficient, it will be a winner. That said, there seems to be a few speakers lines, where many have second guessed that manufacturers choice of tweeter. As we all know, implementation of any driver used is just as imporant.